Fluxion is a security auditing and social-engineering research tool. It is a remake of linset by vk496 with (hopefully) less bugs and more functionality. The script attempts to retrieve the WPA/WPA2 key from a target access point by means of a social engineering (phishing) attack. It's compatible with the latest release of Kali (rolling). Fluxion's attacks' setup is mostly manual, but experimental auto-mode handles some of the attacks' setup parameters.
How it works
- Scan for a target wireless network.
- Launch the Handshake Snooper attack.
- Capture a handshake (necessary for password verification).
- Launch Captive Portal attack.
- Spawns a rogue (fake) AP, imitating the original access point.
- Spawns a DNS server, redirecting all requests to the attacker's host running the captive portal.
- Spawns a web server, serving the captive portal which prompts users for their WPA/WPA2 key.
- Spawns a jammer, deauthenticating all clients from original AP and lureing them to the rogue AP.
- All authentication attempts at the captive portal are checked against the handshake file captured earlier.
- The attack will automatically terminate once a correct key has been submitted.
- The key will be logged and clients will be allowed to reconnect to the target access point.
Author: Cyberfee, l3op, dlinkproto, vk496, MPX4132
The tool is primary operated by text (dialog) menu.
fluxion [-debug] [-l language ] attack ...
-v Print version number. --help Print help page and exit with 0. -m Run fluxion in manual mode instead of auto mode. -k Kill wireless connection if it is connected. -d Run fluxion in debug mode. -x Try to run fluxion with xterm terminals instead of tmux. -r Reload driver. -l <language> Define a certain language. -e <essid> Select the target network based on the ESSID. -c <channel> Indicate the channel(s) to listen to. -a <attack> Define a certain attack. --ratio <ratio> Define the windows size. Bigger ratio -> smaller window size. Default is 4. -b <bssid> Select the target network based on the access point MAC address. -j <jamming interface> Define a certain jamming interface. -a <access point interface> Define a certain access point interface.
/tmp/fluxspace/ The system wide tmp directory. /attacks/ Folder where handshakes and passwords are stored in.
FLUXIONAuto Automatically run fluxion in auto mode if exported. FLUXIONDebug Automatically run fluxion in debug mode if exported. FLUXIONWIKillProcesses Automatically kill any interfering process(es).
Fluxion Usage Example
Start it as root
and follow the instructions of the program.
How to install Fluxion
Installation on Kali Linux
git clone https://github.com/FluxionNetwork/fluxion cd fluxion/ sudo ./fluxion.sh
Installation on BlackArch
The program is preinstalled in BlackArch.
- Fluxion 4 Usage Guide
- How to install Fluxion in Linux Mint or Ubuntu
- Alfa AWUS052NH – Kali Linux Compatible USB Adapter
- Best Kali Linux Compatible USB Wi-Fi adapters 2017